Saturday, February 1, 2014

Hallway transformation

About a year ago or so I decided to paint the living room and hallway a dark gray color. To say that Tim was skeptical is putting it mildly. But, being the good husband he is he didn't nix the idea. He's really good about letting me do whatever I want when it comes to the decorating aspect of our home, and while it's a simple thing, it does mean a lot to me.
When we moved in I painted the living room, hallway and 2 smaller bedrooms a khaki color and it suited me for a few years and then I decided I wanted a drastic change....so gray it was. To be honest, even I was skeptical after the first coat. It was a bold change...but as the paint dried and I could get a true concept of how it would look, I just knew I'd made the right choice.
The hallway was another area I'd struggled with as far as decorating elements. I'd had a pair of pictures hung there at one time but never really liked how it looked. So I'd seen a wall on Pinterest...yes I get tons of ideas from Pinterest lol...with a "photo tree" of sorts and I loved it! The only problem was that it would need to be quite large--much larger than I could create with vinyl without going through some major headache and piecing together. Lucky for me I have an amateur artist in the house! I say "amateur" but really, Stefan has a true gift. So I printed a picture off from the internet and he created it for me. "Only one per lifetime..." is what he said lol...but I could probably coerce him into another one if I really wanted to.
I feel like I'm rambling so I'll get right to the chase...I have the before picture and the pictures I took today after FINALLY getting the photos hung on the tree. I still have some touching up to do but that'll wait until another day. So without further ado....here you go :)





I absolutely love it! Another very inexpensive project completed. The white paint we already had from the bottom part of the living room wall. The frames were .97 at Walmart and I even bought those a few at a time until I had enough. The photos themselves were a total of $2.49 for one-hour processing from Walmart. So we'll say a total of roughly $15 :)

2 comments:

  1. OMG i love it! even better than the pinterest one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, This is great!!!! I want one! You have been a busy bee!!!!

    ReplyDelete