Friday, February 14, 2014

Hey Ya'll!

I'm still here...just haven't been feeling very inspired. I think with so much disruption in my normal routine it's gotten me off kilter. We have had quite of few snow days and cold weather days where school has been called off. I always plan on those days to be crafty and creative and somehow it never quite happens that way lol. 
We had a big (for US) snowfall a few days ago and it's really thrown me off. But today, Valentine's Day, I was coerced by my 18 year old son to help him with a gift for his girlfriend. Actually it didn't take very much coercion on his part...I love that he wanted to give her something handmade and from his heart. Truth is that he's not been able to work recently and his savings have dwindled. Nonetheless, I think she will love her gift.
After looking at the selection of flowers I've made over the past few years he decided that he wanted to try his hand at the coffee filter rose. He's a smart fella as that is also MY favorite :)

He actually made this completely by himself, procuring several burns from the hot glue gun along the way. NOTE: I already had the petals cut and in my stash.



He completely designed the card and I did the cutting and gluing. He did the stamping :)


And here are some of coffee filter roses I have made over the last couple years. They are even more beautiful in person.


We also got to spend some time with some of the kids and the grandkids after Tim got off work today. I can honestly say, without hesitation, that today was a wonderful day. I am so blessed to have a husband who loves me unconditionally and such amazing sons, grandchildren and daughter in laws. Life is truly good :)

And here I am with my beautiful granddaughter <3 She's the first girl in our family and if I were a betting person I'd be putting my money on her being one spoiled little princess before long.



                                             And here she is with both of us :)

And that's it for today :)  
If you're interested in making the coffee filter roses here is a link where you can see a great video tutorial. I watched several when I was learning to make them and this one was by far my favorite. I do warn you though that they addicting once you make one!

No comments:

Post a Comment