Sunday, February 23, 2014

Altered glass vase

It's been an absolutely beautiful weekend here in East Tennessee. It just doesn't get much better than this folks...sunny and upper 60's with just the slightest of breezes passing through the open doors and windows. If I wasn't yearning for spring already this has kick started the yearn into high gear!
Unfortunately, this particular warm spell is to be short lived as it's suppose to be back into the teens for lows and 30's for highs this coming week.
But enough about the weather...onto the project I finished today, right?!? Well a few weeks ago I purchased a glass vase from the Goodwill store. I generally search for anything and everything that is even remotely alterable when I shop the Goodwill store and I've made some great purchases there for just the purpose of altering. I paid $1.00 for this vase and I almost forgot to take a before picture! I actually had already made one swipe with the spray paint when I remembered (as you can tell from the photo)

But still you can see that it was just a regular, nothing special about it, clear vase.
I used my trusty old Rust Oleum spray paint...I seriously LOVE this stuff and use it for all kinds of stuff.

I used beads and paper from my craft stash to make a flower spray as ornamentation and here are a few pictures of that process:

And here is the spray put together...I love making flower sprays--you just start out with some paper and a few supplies and end up with something beautiful...it always makes me happy when I finish creating something <3



Add some tulle that I have for another project and VOILA!!


And here's a before and after side by side---I'm still learning how to do this so I apologize that the photo on the left isn't the exact size.


And that is another completed project/accessory for my evolving bedroom. It's still a work in progress but slowly but surely there IS progress.

And now the day has almost gotten away from me and I'm not yet ready for the weekend to be over. I think I'll just go see what else I have around to piddle with.
I hope you've had as great a weekend as I have! Thanks for coming by and come back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment