Thursday, January 30, 2014

Recap of the past week

In one way it's seemed to be a busy week and in another way, not so much. I haven't forgotten my blog...just haven't had a lot of opportunity to update until now.
Last Sunday I attended a wedding for one of my oldest, dearest friends. It was a beautiful wedding and I'm thrilled that she's found happiness again. Her first husband was an amazing man that was dearly loved by us all and he was taken way before his prime by the evil monster, cancer. I know her new husband must be a special guy to have captured and healed her heart. It was a good day <3

Monday was a normal day with just normal stuff except that Monday night we all loaded up and headed to the hospital for the long wait for the birth of our granddaughter, Princess Cadence. And believe, wait we did!! Was it worth it? No question :)  She is absolutely beautiful and perfect.

 And this is one proud Nana :) Let's just gloss over the fact that I had been awake for about 43 hours when this picture was taken.

 And here's Mommy, Daddy and baby Cadence. I sure have a beautiful family :)
While we were at the hospital a freak snow storm bestowed up on us several inches of snow. Normally I wouldn't mind so much, but in this case, I wasn't expecting it AND it kept several family members from being at the hospital which made them sad and also made those of us at the hospital sad. This was our yard when we finally made it home early Wednesday morning. Normally a 1 hour drive took us 2 hours.
The only plus side is having no school 3 days this week!

And apparently I picked up a nasty cold from the hospital and started feeling sick yesterday and even worse today. Just sinus junk, tired and sneezy. I'm awaiting my knight in shining armor as we speak--he's bringing me some much needed Nyquil and he can't get here fast enough!
In the absence of kleenexes I've resorted to good old White Cloud...not as good as Klennex but it's the next best thing and gets the job done.


You might be surprised to know too that I am slowly getting my scrapbook mojo back and started a layout today.

And I leave you with my current music playlist :)  I love me some BeeGees <3


And there you have the recap of my week. Hopefully I'll feel all better in a day or two and I can be a little more creative with my postings. Until then, have a great day and thanks for stopping by!!

2 comments:

  1. Again, Congratulations! The shot of you and Cadence is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new grandbaby, the outfit I bought Hagan is still lying by my door, I need to reshop for the both of them no,lol.

    ReplyDelete