Monday, January 20, 2014

Busy busy Monday

Whew I have been a busy bee today working on the wall above my bed.  My bedroom has been a thorn in my side since before we even moved in here. I knew that my bedroom would have to triple as my craft/scrapbook room AS WELL AS my computer area and I knew there just wasn't enough space. My husband's solution was to pare down my craft supplies (GASP!). I knew that wasn't going to happen lol so basically I just ignored this room and cringed anytime someone came into it. It became just the catch-all room and anything that didn't have a place found its way here. I wanted a pretty bedroom but I felt so overwhelmed and didn't even know where to start. And then one day a few short weeks ago I decided "why not". No there's nothing I can do about the craft side of the room--it's hopeless. But I could do something about the bedroom side...I'd just have to work harder and keeping them separated. And that's where I am now...working on the bedroom part of the room.
I took loads of pictures of the trailer before we moved in but for some reason I only took one of my bedroom and it's not a great angle. The A/C unit is still inside as well because it hadn't been installed yet.
 Here's the original "before...that's the closet door to the left of the window.
 And here is the actual "before"PLEASE ignore that nasty mirror--I swear it did not look that disgusting in person...it was dusty but it wasn't filthy. And there was a flower swag above the mirror. Hideous right??
 So I took down the strips--you know the strips they use in all mobile homes? I despise those things! Tim picked up the paint which is called "ocean teal" and we got it from Wal-Mart because Lowe's is 45 minutes away lol. I love the color and I made the framed Mr. & Mrs. picture as well as the paper flower wreath but for some reason I just didn't love the wall. And you can bet that if I'm not "in love" with something, I'm gonna change it lol.
So I changed it :) I still need to add the little love birds I'm going to make for the branch but I have to say I am loving this much better! And best of all it only cost the paint which was about $20, the candle sconce which I got for half off at Hobby Lobby for $7.50, $3 for candles and 2 sheets of vinyl that I already had. Much better, yes??


As I get more of the room finished I'll upload more pictures to give an over all look.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Yes! Much better! I love it! That candle sconce...... ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Paula <3 Although I was mistaken on how much I paid for it...it was still cheap lol. It was normally $24.99 and I got it half off :)

    ReplyDelete