Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Spring break scrapping

I promised a couple layouts and I'm here to deliver :) It's rare...very rare, for me to start AND finish a layout in one day. I normally just have too many distractions and it takes me 2-3 days, or sometimes more, to complete a layout. But yesterday, luck was on my side and I finished late last night. I debated waiting until later in the week after I'd done at least one more but decided against it.
So here we are :)

I really struggled getting good pictures of these layouts for some reason. I just couldn't get them photographed well enough to crop them straight...it's very frustrating but hopefully it won't distract too much for the layouts themselves.

I really had trouble with this first layout...it took several days. It just made a bed on my desk and refused to cooperate when I said it was time to move on. Eventually, I reached the point that I said enough was enough and called it done...layout: EVICTED...lol.


Could NOT get this one straight no matter how much I
cropped.  Nothing special about this one as far as the scrapbook
process...pretty basic, actually. But of course if you have any
questions you can leave me a comment :)
brads in the title to add some dimension...black and white
bakers twine for the same purpose. Also some pop dots underneath
some of the stars.



This next layout is the one started and finished in one day.
I knew this was the photo I wanted to scrap next but wasn't really sure what
direction to go in. I was browsing scrapbook sites/blogs and came across a layout on Little Scraps of Magic and saw THE perfect title...so I copied the title from a layout there and I'll link that. You may remember I linked to her blog in an earlier post as well. She is extremely talented and very artistic with her layouts.

Debbi Tehrani blog Little Scraps of Magic

And here is my layout...

After seeing her title, I copied it the way I wanted it using a font
called Hollywood Hills and sizing it to my liking with SCAL2 and my Expression.
The glasses were cut with SCAL2 software and my Expression.
I found the image free online.
The orange bakers twine is made by The Paper Studio

In case you haven't noticed, using texture paste and stencils is my
new favorite technique lol...I was dying to use this brick wall
template from The Crafter's Workshop and I wasn't disappointed.
If you haven't tried this technique...DO IT! You will love it..
so much texture and dimension without being in the least bit bulky.
I used a black chalk ink to color the "bricks" after the paste had dried.

The ink splatters were created using orange Smooch spritz.
I've gotten to where I do so much distressing on my layouts (because I LOVE it) that I decided, after much deliberation,  to invest in the Zutter Distrezz It All by Donna Salazar. You can find it for about $40 if you check around...I got V3 from Amazon. I can't wait for it to arrive--I'll spend SO much less time distressing by hand.

And that's all I have for today but as always, check back soon!

I'm off to start a new layout--Happy Scrapping!!

Rhonda

1 comment: