Monday, March 30, 2015

My Conway Twitty post

I have a lot of random thoughts floating around in my head today so you might want to prepare yourself :)
I don't have anything crafty to share today although I do have a completed layout to share later as well as one I've started but is still lying on my desk...that will hopefully get at least close to completed at some point today.
It's spring break for us and for the past few weeks I've been keeping a mental "to do during spring break" list. I think though that my mental stamina is going to far outweigh my physical stamina lol. Long "to do" lists and I don't generally reconcile well due to lack of motivation on my part.
The major things I wanted to accomplish this week are painting my youngest's bedroom, getting all the carpets cleaned and doing some cleaning outside where my husband tends to pile junk (yes, I mean JUNK) around the outside storage building.
I also planned to scrapbook a LOT.

Mentally, I'm just not where I need to be in order to be productive. Last week...well, last week was a difficult week. In all honesty, I'm still reeling inside and having an extremely difficult time staying focused and on task in whatever I'm doing. I had my heart broken, my entire world shaken and I'm still struggling to come to terms with the heartache. I can honestly say that I now completely understand the statement "it rocked my world" because my world was definitely rocked.
But, I'm putting a lot of effort into not to dwelling as I try to climb back onto the proverbial horse.

And it was in that spirit that I decided, on a whim, that I wanted to take a trip to Nashville/Hendersonville TN and visit the home and burial site of my ALL TIME favorite singer, Conway Twitty. I've longed to go for so so long and it just kept getting pushed aside and replaced with other people's needs...it just wasn't a priority. Garrett decided to make the trip with me and we got up on Saturday and packed an overnight bag and headed out. The closer we got, the more butterflies I got in my tummy. Yes, I know that's corny lol...but seriously, I LOVE(D) Conway Twitty. Looking back, I'm not really certain when I became so enamored with him and his music. For as long as I can remember, I have loved him. No other singer has ever made me feel the way he does. Just the sound of his voice touches me...it's not even so much the songs...it's him.

I, of course, took lots of pictures and am probably going to upload more than I should.  Try not to get irritated with me lol...I do realize Conway Twitty isn't the legend to everyone as he is to me. Feel free to scroll past the photos if you really aren't interested ;)

It was almost a surreal feeling to be standing in this spot
paying my respects to this man who has meant so much to me.
His resting place is very, very unpretentious and I was
a little (ok a LOT) sad that his flowers needed to be replaced.

He's on the far right at the very end on the bottom. I put
an arrow but it's much smaller than I intended.
RIP Conway Twitty <3



After we paid our respects at the cemetery we proceeded to what was
once known as Twitty City, but is now called Trinity Music City. Unfortunately, we were unable to do the house tour because they were closed but I will be going back sometime soon to do that and I can't wait.

Garrett took a lot of photos while we were there and he got
some odd angles. The sun was just at the point where it was really
hard to get a picture with no glare. I have some pretty cool ones with
sunbeams


A permanent memorial to Conway on the grounds

My son, Garrett and I 


This was Conway's home

This photo was actually taken through the glass


Outside gate with the "T" and the music notes
I saw Conway Twitty in concert a couple of times as a teenager in the early/mid 80's and I can remember sitting in the audience and listening to him sing his heart out and the tears running down my face. And, again, I don't know why he affects me like that but he always has. I will forever be humbled by this man and his music. I'm sure he's still performing in heaven and I look forward to hearing him again someday

You can be sure these photos will be popping up in a scrapbook layout sometime soon :)

I actually had a couple other things I wanted to touch upon but I will leave those for another day as I've rambled on a bit with this post.
Be sure and do check back soon as I will have some layouts to share :)
And, as always, thank you, thank you, thank you for stopping by and taking time to read my blog :)
Have a great day!

Rhonda

1 comment:

  1. Loved getting to share in your trip with this post. Mom loved him too! So glad you got to spend some great time with Garrett! Still think you should bring him to VA!!! LOL. Can't wait to see the layouts you will create!

    ReplyDelete