Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Just living life

Hello! Don't want you all to think I've gone MIA...Just been busy living life the last couple weeks. I can also attribute a part of my absence to the evil that is the stomach virus {shudder}. It's certainly made the rounds in our family, leaving very few of us unaffected.

Other than that, I've been busy helping babysit my gorgeous grandson. He is definitely going through the "let's test the boundaries" phase, having just turned 2, but he is so cute as he's testing haha. It's amazing how much more patience you have with your grandchildren than with their parents before them. He tires me out for sure, but my patience rarely gets overloaded. It does, however occupy a chunk of the "free time" I've grown to take for granted. It's all good though and certainly worth any small sacrifice of my time. If there's one thing I've learned from this thing called life, it's that time is fleeting and we need to enjoy and savor every second we can with those we love.

We had birthday parties 2 weekends in a row and I want to show you a couple of photos from those. Yeah, I know, not everyone thinks these doll babies are as precious as I do haha.  Seriously though, I try not to bore you too much with family stuff but I think it's ok every now and again.

Here are pictures from Cadence's 1st birthday party. I can't believe she is a year old already! She is absolutely precious--and I'm definitely not bias on that subject ;)

She was so excited with each new outfit she opened lol.
She is definitely going to be a girly girl, sorry Dad :)
Minnie Mouse cake!

Yum! 

And here are pictures from Hagan's 2nd birthday party. I wasn't happy with Walmart's idea of decorating a cake but we managed to doctor it enough to make it look presentable so it's all good.

Hagan had a Dr. Seuss party...Walmart misspelled his name
even after my reiterating to them how to spell it at the
time the cake was ordered.  Maybe they liked the name "Ragan"
better than "Hagan" lol...thankfully, it was caught before
leaving the store and "fixed". 

And it's present time!

And that's all I'll force upon you from the birthday festivities. I do, however, have one single solitary scrapbook layout to share.
This has been one of my favorite photos since I got lucky enough to capture it. It's one of those photos that you keep putting aside when going through photos to scrapbook because you just want it to be a great layout.
I really like the end result even though it's not exactly how I had it pictures in my head. I think we've established already that my head is far more capable than my actual abilities lol.



The penguin stickers were bought from Dollar General for $1...all I needed to do was place them on coordinating cardstock, cut around them forming an outline, ink the edges and adhere them with some dimensional foam dots.

The title is a file I downloaded at Miss Kate Cuttables which you can find here----->>>  Santa Baby title
The great thing about using these cut files is that you can make it your own by using what you want. I left off a layer and also used a punch for the "bulbs" rather than cutting those. I love how the title turned out...definitely worth $.50...I am not affiliated in any way whatsoever with that site...just a satisfied customer recommending a great product :)
Anyway, as you can see, I tend to do my fair share of distressing on my layouts. Also did some sewing which I'm also a fan of.

And I guess that's all I have for today. I'm hoping to TRY and get my scrapbook corner straightened up a little this week and start another scrapbook page. You'll just have to come back soon and see what I've created :)

Thanks for stopping by!
Rhonda

3 comments: