Friday, February 20, 2015

Hey guys! We are still battling frigid temps here in east Tennessee but I'm staying warm by keeping my scrapbook mojo flowing...what better way to battle the winter blues, right??
As I promised in my last post, I have a few layouts to share with you all. I've been having scanner issues so I've been taking pictures of my layouts rather than scanning and stitching them. The one downside to that is having the date of the photo show up on the photos...I could turn that camera feature off but I depend on that date being on the photos way too often when it comes time to scrap said photos. And the truth is that I just don't want to deal with the task of remembering to turn it on and off with each picture I take. So until I get a new camera (one of these days!) OR figure this scanner out, then I'll just have to deal with that ugly yellow date showing up on my layout/craft photos. I do realize that it's distracting and I sincerely apologize in advance.

So without more jibber jabber here are the layouts I've been working on. I hope you enjoy them and are able to be inspired to get scrapping!

The butterflies and flowers are 3D stickers from my stash.
Title "Daddy's" are alpha stickers and "girl" was printed on
my computer using the CK cursive font-an oldie but goodie!
All hexagons were punched with my Creative Memories punch. 
I layered several hexagons and hand sewed down the center
to add a little more dimension to the page. Lots of ink also
as usual for me :)
It is extremely rare for me to actually cut the people
from photos to use on scrapbook pages...it's been years since
I've done it actually, but I love how it looks on this layout. And I
may be doing more of it on future layouts.
Every now and again I create a scrapbook layout that I *love*
and this is one of those layouts. This layout is based on a layout
that I found on Pinterest and after searching out the source, the
artists name is Debbi Tehrani and I'll link to her blog at the end of this
blog post. Her work absolutely blew me away--unbelievable scrapbooking
talent.
So much distressing, inking and layering <3 

The viewfinder diecut was cut using my SCAL2 and my Expression.
Pennants are a Paper Studio punch, sewing was done by hand, the black
heart gems were in a multi pack of gems I got from Hobby Lobby
awhile back and I thought they were perfect for this layout.
For this title I again went to my Expression and SCAL2. I cut
the title from basic white untextured cardstock using the
"Helldorado" font. I then used silver embossing powder to
give it color, sheen and dimension. It looks SO much better
in person and I love how it turned out. It actually inspired me to start
using more embossing powder!
This layout is special to me and I wanted it to be beautiful.
It looks very dissimilar to the image of the layout I wanted to create;
But I'm not unhappy with it. It tells the story that I wanted to tell and
that memory is now preserved--mission accomplished.
The title was again cut with SCAL2 on my Expression...I then
doubled the foam dots I used to adhere it simply to add more dimension.
The blue flowers here were originally white and I used
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in "Snowflake" to color and add sheen.
I used flowers from several manufacturers and just bundled them together.
The feathers used on this layout were cut from white cardstcok using SCAL2. 
Birdhouse cut with SCAL2, sprayed with pearl mist, and
adhered with foam tape.
The doilies are from Wild Orchid Crafts and I used
the Glimmer Mist in "Snowflake" and Perfect Pearls Mist in a brown.

This bookplate was a white cardstock diecut I've had
for years. I used copper embossing powder to give it the look
I was going for. The copper colored brads are Paper Studio.
 And that's all I have for today but I do hope to get at least one more layout completed before the weekend is up.
Thank you for taking the time to visit and read my blog--it is much appreciated! Have a great day and check back soon!
Rhonda

*as promised, here is the link to the blog where you can see the beautiful work of Debbi Tehrani
Little Scraps of Magic



5 comments:

  1. OH MY! That Mother's Day layout made me CRY!!!! It is beautifully written, and you look so pretty in the picture, even though I know you had been crying. I love love love the flowers and the combination of blue and brown. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Starr <3 That layout is special to me and your kind words are so appreciated! I really wanted to get that photo scrapped because, selfishly, I didn't like seeing it every time I went through the box of pictures waiting to be scrapbooked. That day was bittersweet to say the least and I feel like a burden has been lifted just in preserving that day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful layout. Precious memories for sure. Love it!

    I am so excited, april 11 th a couple new friends are coming over to scrap with me. Hope they don't cancel!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is great, Dana! Maybe that's just what you need to get your scrapbook mojo flowing again so you can put that AH-MAY-ZING scrapbook studio to good use!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is great, Dana! Maybe that's just what you need to get your scrapbook mojo flowing again so you can put that AH-MAY-ZING scrapbook studio to good use!

    ReplyDelete