Saturday, February 7, 2015

False Advertising?

Haha...I don't know that I'd go quite that far but I would go so far as to imply that there is at least a discrepancy between the photos we're shown and the product we receive in many cases.
For instance, it's Saturday morning and I'm the only person awake at my house. I'm ready for breakfast but don't really feel the urge to actually cook.
Now that I think about it, it seems I suffer from that particular malady frequently haha.
I look in the refrigerator, then the freezer and finally the pantry. Not seeing anything that strikes my fancy I go through the process a second time...because obviously something will mysteriously appear in at least one of those places that wasn't there the first time I looked, right? Unfortunately, my luck isn't that great this morning and so my options are sparse.

Let me preface with saying this:
My youngest son doesn't eat breakfast at school and so the burden of making sure he has something hot and tasty (at least semi tasty haha) each morning falls to me, and being the great mom that I am I really do try. I'm just going to be honest and admit that 95% of the time his breakfast is a Hardee's biscuit on the way to school. But there are some mornings when we're running too late for that for whatever reason...hence the reason for this....this, I don't even know what to call it..."concoction" making its way into our pantry. I had actually bought a couple of these awhile back. My first clue should have been the day Chris tried to eat one and said it was horrible and threw it away. I just thought he didn't cook it properly or it needed salt pepper...it couldn't be as bad as he said so there had to be at least some user error involved. Let me tell ya folks...I was wrong. Very, very wrong. 0.o

Fast forward to this morning when I'm foraging for breakfast..."Hmm," I say to myself..."maybe you should try this delicious looking egg and bacon breakfast scramble..." Well, since myself usually has pretty good ideas, I decided to take my advice and as a result I may be traumatized for the rest of my life. I may never eat eggs again. Or bacon. Ok, I'll probably eat bacon again lol...real bacon though, not whatever they put into this and called bacon.

I'm not dissing Hormel...no really, I'm not. Maybe their tastes are just different than mine. Maybe they didn't actually taste this "concoction" before sending it out to human consumers. Maybe, and this is my best guess, just maybe there was a mix up at the processor and somehow the food meant for human consumption was substituted for the food meant to go to the dog food containers.
You'd think I was exaggerating but, unfortunately, I'm not.
To say this "stuff" was disgusting would be quite the understatement. Truthfully, I'm not even sure a dog would willingly eat this stuff. Thankfully for my non existent dog it won't have to test that theory lol.

And, since I know you're all wondering what I could possibly be referring to, let me show you.
And as unappetizing as it looks in the pictures, let me assure you that it tastes SO much worse. The grainy, somewhat slimy texture, is just an added bonus.

You can see how I may have been deceived, right?
I tried it and I didn't like it.
This picture does not do justice to the disgustingness (I don't
think that is a word lol) of this "dish". 
And yes the eggs really are that brown looking...there is no resemblance to actual eggs.
I think it looks better in the picture than it does in person.
If I can save one person from making the same mistake I made then my job here is done for today. If you come across it in your grocery stores and choose to disregard my advice, then you have no one to blame except yourself when you're tossing it into the trash.
This isn't the first time I've been snookered in by a pretty picture only to be disappointed with the actual product and likely won't be the last, but this truly may be the worst.
Save your money folks and pass on by this particular product.
And now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go fix myself some real breakfast :)

*this is my personal opinion, take it as you will.

And that's all I have for today...but be sure you come back soon because I have been cleaning and organizing my scrapbook/craft area for several days and I'll soon be back to doing what I love--creating!

Rhonda

4 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH! that is horrible! how NASTY. I have to say, however, that Mckenzie loves the Hormel Chicken Alfredo dinners. She eats them occasionally in her dorm room. But that breakfast....I agree. I don't think a dog would even eat it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless your heart! I actually thought it was fried rice or something and was just mispackaged. I bought a dinner at family dollar that was mispackaged, instead of the chicken noodle dinner it was a fried rice dinner, both are good luckily! That is some gross looking breakfast. Did you apologize to Chris? I am laughing and that's a great start for my Monday morning. Post pics of your organized scrap space when you are done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg that is horrible. I have never had anything come out looking like that. Was it frozen or shelf? Seriously bad adverstising. I dare you to post it to their facebook page.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sharlene, it was a shelf product. It really was horrible and inedible. I don't think I will post it to their page LOL...but I probably should.

    ReplyDelete