Thursday, March 6, 2014

altered wooden circle

The "collage wall" in my living room is an on-going project for me and I add and take away from it periodically. I'm searching for just the perfect feel. I had picked up several of the wood plaques in different shapes from Michael's forever ago--story of my life, right? So anyway, I decided I few days ago I wanted to do a small monogram for just this one spot on that wall...I decided on the circle because I felt like it was the most aesthetically pleasing. I also had already decided on painting it black simply because I thought that spot warranted it.
I made the roses using my EK Success small retro punch from Bazzill cardstock, the leaves are from www.wildorchidcrafts.com, I used a sticker for the "R" and the string pearl I have in my stash.
The bling around the edge I got from ebay--you can google "hot melt gems" and you'll get tons of results in lots of colors. You can use your I-Rock tool to heat the gems but I have a different tool (same thing, but electric and I don't remember the name--also from ebay LOL). And that's about it I think...if you have any questions, be sure and ask and I will do my best to answer.

I've been down with a cold so I didn't feel like getting too crafty but this was just enough to appease the desire to create :)
Have a great day guys and come back soon!

I also mod podged the entire thing after the paint was dry and before adding the embellishments and gems.


No comments:

Post a Comment