Tuesday, June 23, 2015

kitchen before and after

After my last post highlighting my "new" counters I started thinking about how much our home is continuing to evolve and although I've shared "before" photos of our kitchen before, I felt like now would be a good time to share again.

I just did a quick pairing of the 2 photos in Microsoft Paint to get a side by side comparison.
One thing I forgot to mention the other day is that after 9+ years of having a "grape theme" in my kitchen, I boxed everything up and it's ready to find a new home with my sister who coincidentally also has a grape theme so that worked out perfectly.
I'm keeping a couple of items because I truly love them but the rest is history. And I have to admit that so far I am loving my "theme free" kitchen lol.

Anyway, here is the before and after photo:

Click on the photo and you can see a larger version :)
It may be difficult to tell from the photos but we've actually made quite a few changes in our kitchen. The only major change we still have on our list is the flooring we will be adding within the next year. And of course I will be sharing more photos at that time :)

Remodeling is a slow process when you're working around a tight budget with a husband who doesn't get excited about new projects and that's putting it mildly. Slowly but surely however, our house is becoming the home we envisioned when we moved in. I can truthfully say that when I walk in my front door I almost always look around and feel pride in our accomplishments and that's a great feeling.

I may post some other room updates in the next couple days but there have been no major changes in the rest of the house. I've rearranged and updated the entry table and I might give you guys a glimpse of that tomorrow so be sure and check back!

Thanks for reading!!

Rhonda

No comments:

Post a Comment