Friday, January 16, 2015

Photo Canvas

Hi! I have been a little scarce recently but I'm still here and still crafting! I shared with you already one of the canvases I made for the girls for Christmas and now I want to show you the last two that I just finished. I really can't express to you how much I enjoy taking the paint and paintbrush and just creating ART! Seriously, I am no artist but when I'm painting these canvases, I feel like an artist LOL.
Neither of these could be considered my best creations but I enjoyed doing them and hopefully, the girls enjoy displaying them.

Once all the paint was dry I added any stamps and wording along with the photo and covered with Mod Podge. I actually added a thin layer of Mod Podge before placing the photo just so that it would have something to adhere to. THEN I covered the entire canvas with a couple layers of Mod Podge.
After they were completely dry, I added the flowers and bling :)
If you have any questions or comments, please don't hesitate to give me a yell!

This one was created using several colors of acrylic paint. Once
the paint was dry I used some gold Perfect Pearls and lightly went
over it just to give a hint of shine. I also used some Paris
themed stamps I'd had in my stash for forever. 
Lots of acrylic paint here as well. The blue and white flowers
I made using coffee filters and my EK success retro punches.
The leaves are from Wild Orchid Crafts and the other flowers
are some of the original Prima flowers that I have tons of.

Don't you just LOVE those blue and white coffee filter flowers? I love
making flowers...it's a thrill to me to take something like a regular coffee filter and turn it into something beautiful!

I'll leave you with that for now but be sure you check back soon because I have another project in the works even as I type this :) And you'll just have to come back to see what it is!

Thanks for coming by and I hope to see you again soon!

Rhonda

3 comments:

  1. I need you to bring kits to the retreat and teach me this! Please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dana, these are EASY! I used regular 8x10 canvas--I got mine from Hobby Lobby but I think Walmart also has some if you can't get to Hobby Lobby. I just used acrylic paints to paint them the colors I wanted, added the photo and the wording and then mod podged over it once or twice to seal. After that was dry I embellished :) Any stamping would need to be done prior to sealing. Super easy! But we can certainly try it at the crop if you want!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dana, these are EASY! I used regular 8x10 canvas--I got mine from Hobby Lobby but I think Walmart also has some if you can't get to Hobby Lobby. I just used acrylic paints to paint them the colors I wanted, added the photo and the wording and then mod podged over it once or twice to seal. After that was dry I embellished :) Any stamping would need to be done prior to sealing. Super easy! But we can certainly try it at the crop if you want!

    ReplyDelete