Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Halloween at our house :)

We use to live in a small subdivision that was the hub of all trick or treating in our town. I'm talking--if you went trick or treating then our neighborhood was *the* place to be. The kids would start coming at around 4:00 p.m. and would continue coming until at least 9:00 p.m. To say I loved it would be an understatement of great proportions lol. Unfortunately, we now live on a little side road in the country (3 miles from town) and we have lived here for right at 6 years. And in all those years we've gotten ONE trick or treater and that was because I begged on Facebook haha. And yet, every year I buy loads of candy "just in case" with the knowledge that there has always been enough people here to devour the leftovers. And of course, this year was no exception. I got out the cackling witch hand candy bowl (bought on clearance from CVS a couple years back) and filled it to overflowing with candy.
It was a cold, ugly, rainy Halloween this year so I knew this wouldn't be the year of the sudden influx of trick or treaters but that was A-OK because THIS year I knew the grandkids would be here :) And let me just say they WIPED US OUT of candy hahaha.
Here are a few of my favorite photos from Halloween 2014.
This is the first year that I have dressed up since Tim and I went to a Halloween party several years ago. I think I did a pretty bang up job on my witch face lol

Our grandson...the spooooky skeleton lol

2 of my *daughter-in-laws* and our step granddaughter
I LOVE all these girls <3

Our second son, Brandon. He had to change a
flat tire in the cold and rain which is why
his pants aren't too clean looking lol. He was a
trooper though and still went with the kids trick or treating :)

Danielle is taking her turn wearing my witch hat

This little girl may have only been in our lives
for a year but we love her so much and consider
her our granddaughter. And didn't her mom
do an awesome job on her makeup???

Nothing scary about this little cutie pie <3
She was the cutest Lambie in the whole wide world :)

Had to toss in this picture of Chris showing Cadence
a video. He is so amazing with these kids and it makes
a mama's heart happy :)
And there you have our Halloween--Perhaps next year will be the year
that we get bombarded with trick or treaters, but if not, I think we are perfectly
content with our little entourage of spooky spooks :)

Thanks for stopping by and come back soon!

Rhonda

No comments:

Post a Comment