Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Craigslist SCORE for me!

Sometimes I just peruse Craigslist with no idea of what I'm looking for, just seeing if anything jumps out at me. I've picked up several things that way and I've been happy with all of them. So on Sunday before last I was doing just that, looking through the ads figuring I wouldn't really find anything when an ad came up for a shelf that was almost identical to one I had been looking at when we bought our couch. I immediately sent a text message to the number listed and we drove straight to Knoxville to pick it up. I was thrilled with it even before I saw it. I knew it was a black shelf and I had wanted a white shelf but hey, I have a lot of experience painting haha. So here is the shelf sitting in our yard after we got it home.
 How awesome is that bad boy? And did I mention that it was an absolute STEAL at the incredibly amazing price of $20???? Yes, I said twenty dollars!!
I wanted to get regular paint and use a roller and paintbrush but my husband who is usually pretty smart about this stuff insisted that spray paint would give the cleanest look so we picked up a total of 8 cans of paint and he did all the painting. Unfortunately, the spray paint wasn't the greatest idea for this particular project and we actually wound up getting regular paint to finish it up. I absolutely love how it turned out!
The only downfall with the entire project is that the shelf doesn't even come close to fitting into the spot I had designated for it. So after moving it a couple of times I decided on this placement and although it took me a couple of days to get use to it, I actually really like it here. I've always wanted some sort of divider between the living room and kitchen and now I have just that. I still need to get more "shelf stuff" to fill it but here is the finished product!!


This is no lightweight shelf --it is very heavy and well made. I am thrilled with my latest Craigslist find! Even with the paint we spent considerably less than what we would have paid for this shelf new in the store. This may be my favorite find to date. What have YOU found that you love on Craigslist?

Thanks for stopping by and come again soon!

Rhonda

1 comment:

  1. love the shelf but please be careful meeting the craigs list people...

    ReplyDelete