Saturday, October 11, 2014

Happy fall, ya'll!

I'm very excited to tell you guys the great news! Ok, it's really only great to ME lol, but we FINALLY got a new couch!! The old couch had become the bane of my existence. It was a great couch in its day but it had surely been put through the wringer and it was past time for it to go. 
I had been searching out prices at different places for a couple weeks and finally settled on going to Knoxville Furniture Distributor's and I'd recommend them to anyone local. Their prices really were the best I could find and as you guys know, we are all about saving money where we can. They have nice name brand furniture at warehouse prices. It's a no frills place but I really don't need fancy staging and lights to pick out a piece of furniture--but if that's what you like then this place is definitely not for you. 
We drove to Knoxville on Thursday and I picked out the couch I loved...it was SO SO pretty and I had my heart set on it. But, in the back of my mind I knew...somehow I just knew it wasn't going to be couch for us. And, after asking my friends and all the kids, I knew I had been right ((sigh)). So we went back on Friday and after much debate between myself and Garrett, who met us there, I picked out my new couch and we loaded that bad boy up and brought it home! It looks a bazillion times better than the old couch and that makes me very happy. But, I admit that as I watched Garrett and the crew at the convenience center (aka dump lol) toss it into the container it sort of broke my heart. I have a terrible tendency to become attached to things and that couch bore so many memories for our family. I cried most of the way home with only a few snickers from the boys. And then I came in and saw my new couch and I felt better. And here it is! 
NOTE: We only got the couch this time as the recliner will have to wait a little longer to be replaced. But it's next on my list ;)

As I said in my last post, I seriously debated about whether to dig out the totes of fall decorations this year. But, in the end, it was decided for me when Garrett said that it wouldn't "be the same" if I didn't. And really, how I could I argue with that? :)
I will say that I had a harder time with the decorations this year than any other year that comes to mind. I'm not sure if it was the fact that my heart wasn't really and truly in it or something else. But, either way, I struggled. 
I had to start by packing and putting away all the normal stuff I keep in the living room. On the plus side of that, I always enjoy getting it all back out and into place after Christmas. 
As I was taking pictures of the decorations to share with you all, I couldn't help but wonder how other bloggers get such incredibly perfect photos of their homes, projects, decor, etc. I apologize that my pictures aren't perfect but I'm not a professional photographer or blogger. Anyway, I hope you get the idea as they truly do look better in person. 
The first photo is an over-all look from the kitchen and then there are some close ups of some of my favorite decorations.




The colors on this are so very vibrant in person! I picked it up at Hobby Lobby a few years ago and still love it just as much!

I got her on clearance one year a few years back but I can't
for the life of me remember where. I absolutely LOVE her!!
I only add a few hints of Halloween in with my fall decorations
but she is one I can't wait to pull out ever year. She is so gorgeous!


I found these two candles at separate times...the larger
one I got from Cracker Barrel about 4-5 years ago and the
smaller one I got in Gatlinburg. I love candy corn and these
are two of my very favorite decorations!


I actually think I got this little beauty at a yard sale a couple years ago.
She looks like a cantankerous witch but I love her. I've never tried putting batteries
in her but maybe I will this year. I thought I got all the decorations dusted when
I took them out of the totes but I guess I missed this one lol, sorry about that.
Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to keep checking back!
Rhonda

No comments:

Post a Comment