Thursday, September 25, 2014

Synopsis of September

Hi and HAPPY FALL! This is the 2nd day of fall and the temperatures are certainly feeling fall-like here in East Tennessee! I've actually had to use the heat in my car every morning this week, brrr!

I admit I haven't had a whole lot to blog about the last couple weeks as I've not been particularly crafty nor has there been a lot going on.
At the moment I'm debating on whether to even decorate for fall this year which is odd in itself because I so love the fall decorations. The colors of fall are almost hypnotic to me and I've always decorated for the season...some might even say I go overboard (as if that's possible). This year though, there are the grandkids to consider--especially the 21 month old lol. Let's just say he's "curious" and possibly "mischievous"  and I can foresee a battle or three with him over scarecrows and pumpkins. On the other hand, he'd probably enjoy the pretty colors as much as his Nana :) But, that's still up in the air and really it's only September so there's plenty of time.

I have started Christmas shopping--yay, GO ME!! I've started early the last couple years and I think I started even earlier this year. Tim says our Christmas list keeps getting longer and longer lol and I suppose he's right. But oh how I've always loved Christmas. For someone who stresses so much over the actual gift giving, I absolutely love seeing everyone open their gifts on Christmas morning. Amazon gets very little business from me throughout most of the year but I tend to do at least 80% or more of my Christmas shopping on Amazon. Free shipping and I don't have to leave home? Yeah, that's what I'm talking about lol.

Garrett has settled into somewhat of a routine at school and things seem to be going smoothly. I think it's still a struggle for him (and ME! lol) but he's adjusting. He came home this past weekend and I got a couple pictures of him when he was getting ready to leave.


It's still difficult watching him drive away and I still miss him but I don't dwell on it and I don't go into his room unless I have to lol--THAT is the hardest thing I've encountered so far--that quiet, empty room.

This past weekend there was an extremely rare occasion where Tim was together with his sister who lives in Ohio and one of his brothers that we rarely see--the occasion itself isn't a happy one but I won't go into that right now.
Here are a couple of the pictures I took--they were taken with my phone so not great but thank the good Lord for whoever decided to put cameras on phones lol.
Also pictured is their aunt who is 88 years old and the matriarch of their family--their dad's only remaining sibling.




Now, I do have a few scrapbook layouts from the last several weeks I want to share. I didn't bother scanning them because I've found the color and texture just don't come out in the scans so I just took some photos so please excuse the cropping or angles...and also the glimpses of grass peeking in lol.

I did a lot of sewing on this page and I used some stickles as well on the titling but of course it doesn't really show in the photo. Love those pictures of Chris!

Seriously love this guy and can't imagine our lives without him!

I used a lot of glimmer mist and sequins on this layout and again, it's hard to discern from the photos. All the doodling around the edges are freehand--haha, like it isn't obvious LOL. 


Don't you love the little deer? Oh and also the little "dear" :) I added this close up just to show the liquid pearls dots I added for texture...makes a big difference I think in person.

I know this post was more on the personal side rather than craftiness but hopefully I'll start creating some crafty goodness as the holidays draw nearer and I have start working on the handmade gifts :)

As always, thanks for stopping by and taking the time to give my blog a read :) It always means a lot to me! Please check back soon!

Rhonda

1 comment: