Monday, May 26, 2014

Playing catch up

I guess I haven't been a very productive blogger for the month of May and pickings are rather slim in the way of excuses. I haven't had a lot going on in the creativity department and so I've just not posted.
I did have a couple of minor projects, however and I'll share those with you now.
Living in a mobile home certainly has its limitations when it comes to trying to create an aesthetically pleasing home. I think mobile homes are built and designed more toward functionality. Although, some of the newer homes are stunningly beautiful. My point is that I try so hard to make our home inviting and homey. I also want it to portray who we are as a family unit. I don't feel that we are the typical family and I love that about us. That isn't always easy to portray when it comes to decor though so when I saw a quote--on Pinterest of course lol--I knew I had to use it in our hallway bathroom. There is a lot of laughter in our family and I loved the idea of injecting a little humor into the bathroom decor. So I found the font I wanted to use and some white vinyl and had it cut out in no time. I also really loved the "male/female" bathroom symbol and cut that out at the same time for the outside of the bathroom door.
I had painted the bathroom a couple weeks back and I promise it isn't AS pink as it looks in the photos lol.

If you're on the potty, this would be directly in front of you :)

This on the outside of the bathroom door...not sure the dimensions but approximately 6-7 inches in height.

And here is the other side of the bathroom. With all the neutral colors I hope the "seasoned loganberry" works to bring a splash of color to that room. Overall, I really like it :)


Other than those little projects, I've also been babysitting my grandson a few days a week while his mom has been working.
I got a couple of projects done or at least started outside as well so I HAVE been busy.
AND Garrett had his high school graduation. Graduation day brought feelings I can't really form into words-- It's a sad and happy day all at the same time. Here is a picture of my favorite 2014 graduate.

And finally, while I was taking pictures of the bathroom to share, I took a couple of the hallway because I don't think I've ever shared that side of the hallway. It's just a curtain rod with some scrapbook layouts hung from it. The plan was to switch the layouts out with others every now and again but I'm ashamed to admit that I've never changed them. Maybe I'll do that soon :) NOTE: This is the wall opposite the wall with the "family tree".


And that's about all I have to share today. Hopefully, now that it's SUMMER VACATION (YAY!!!!!) I'll get some crafting accomplished.
If you read through this entire post, then thank you so much and keep checking back!

3 comments:

  1. Interesting restroom funnies! I hope that mirror is high enough so I don't have to see myself,lol. Love the layouts on the wall, I have some in my scraproom , I could bring some to the house if I actually scrapped anymore... I will again though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mirror is not an issue while "using the facilities" :)
    I certainly hope you can back into scrapping....you have that INCREDIBLE scrapbook room sitting there feeling neglected ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete