Monday, April 21, 2014

SLIDER CARD

I've long admired all the wonderful slider cards as well as pop up cards but getting easily confused as I do, I thought those creations were out of my ability. I am happy to announce, however, that "I", yes I, can mark that accomplishment off my bucket list. I made a sample card first just to test the feasibility of the task (for me) and when it was a success I was so excited that I went through the entire house showing the husband and kids lol.
I owe all my success to a video I found on youtube and I'll post that link at the end of this post just in case any of you guys want to make your own slider card to give to that special person. I made my card for a very special friend who's been feeling a little down and I wanted to cheer her up if just for a moment.




For the bumblebee paper piecing on the front of the card I used an svg file I had on my computer and I really don't recall where I downloaded it from, other than it was a free file.  I do find a lot of incredible files from the Craft Edge website and this file quite possibly could have come from there.
I'll place a list of supplies that I used at the bottom of this post.
Also, to note, I used ribbon to make the slide rather than the plastic bag used in the video.

Thanks for taking a look and come back soon!


SUPPLIES:
cardstock-DCWV as well as basic white cs from office supply
department from Wal-Mart
ribbon for slide
Microsoft Word OR stamps
EK Success flower punch
water color paints for filling in the stamp/clipart
Mod Podge
Fairydust glitter
rhinestone
googly eyes
scallop punch (I used as a base for the paper piecing)
red line double sided tape

And the link to the video that I found to be the best and easiest to follow:


3 comments:

  1. the recipient was me, and it is SO awesome! I have it propped up by my Keurig, so I see it first thing every morning. LOVE it and YOU, Rhonda!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card! From one beautiful friend to another.

    ReplyDelete