Sunday, December 28, 2014

Memorial Christmas Ornament

Hi! ((BIG WAVE!!))
I want to share with you all a couple of projects I've done this past week, taking advantage of my vacation from work. The first thing I want to show you is a canvas I made for my son's girlfriend as a Christmas gift. Having moved here to Tennessee from Florida several years ago, she often finds herself missing the sand and sea and wanted to incorporate a nautical theme into their home. With that in mind, I created this 8x10 canvas with what I hope has a beachy/nautical feel.


The quote says "if you want to know how much
I love you, count the waves in the sea".
The shells are actual shells we brought home with us
from our last trip to Panama City Beach.
Just to give a slightly different angle/view
This photo is wish no flash so that you can see
a little better the way the glitter really looks. I think the
camera flash always gives a touch of distortion to most projects.

I so wish I could capture how good the paint truly looks on
the canvas. I used several colors to get the look I was going for
and I was extremely pleased and happy with the end result.

The second project I want to share is a memorial glass ornament I made in
memory of my mom who passed away in 2012. It's a  project that I've had inside my head since she passed but I could never seem to make myself start it. I still struggle daily with the grief that I can't seem to shake. 
I plan to make a total of 5 of these ornaments--one for myself and one for each of my siblings. My hope is that they will love and treasure the ornaments for many years to come. Although Mama is never far from our hearts, I hope these ornaments will help to keep her Christmas spirit alive in each of us.

Making the individual flowers is the most time consuming aspect of this project. Once the flowers were made, the project was finished in no time. 

A little close up so you can see a little of peek at
the goodies inside the ornament which include
some loose pearls, glitter, sparkle flakes (what ARE
those things called?? lol) flowers, a quote and also
the dates of birth and death.
The quote reads, "loved always; forgotten never"
Again, just a slightly different angle.
 NOTE: vinyl used on the glass ornament project was purchased from
              www.expressionsvinyl.com  and I recommend them every chance I get. 
              I've never been disappointed in any vinyl I've bought from them AND 
              shipping is incredibly quick. *I am not being paid in any way for saying 
              that lol!

And that wraps up today's post. Any questions, feel free to comment! 
I'll be back to make my Christmas post in the next couple days!

Have a great night and check back soon!

Rhonda



5 comments:

  1. That's such a sweet reminder of one's passed on your tree, I know your family will love getting one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the canvases, but Brandon's is my absolute favorite. It is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for taking time to leave a comment <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you both for taking time to leave a comment <3

    ReplyDelete