Wednesday, June 25, 2014

The ol' "shampoo switch-a-roo"

Ok I admit it...I'm a shampoo hopper. I rarely buy the same brand or type shampoo twice in a row. Not sure why I do that but it's the way I've always been with shampoo...which is odd because I'm pretty much brand loyal with most products I purchase. I have to really be enticed and wowed to switch because I'm just leery of spending money on something I've never bought before and being unhappy with which would mean money wasted. SO a couple months back I got some shampoo that I absolutely FELL.IN.LOVE. with....bought it I think 3 times in a row which is almost unheard of for me. But seriously, I loved it! And since I know you're dying to know what incredible shampoo captivated me , here it is...

Yep...good old SUAVE :)  Seriously, loved this stuff ^^ And not only did it meet all my shampoo needs, it smells heavenly...I'm talking about sneaking and sniffing your own hair heavenly.

So while on a shopping trip to WalMart (don't be a hater, we don't have a lot of shopping options around here), I decided I better pick up another bottle since I was getting low. You know how WM is...seems like everything you want to look at there are 5 people already standing there. Happens to me every single time! And of course they move all the products around periodically (which drives me INSANE!!!!) so you have to really search for what you need. And thus all odds were against me on this shopping day. The aisle was crowded and everything had been moved. But I pushed through determined not to leave without my now favorite shampoo...hey, having a shampoo you love is a great feeling lol. I spotted it down below just a big and snatched it up and tossed into my buggy never giving it another thought.
That is until I opened it up and lathered my hair up during my shower the other day. I was brokenhearted to realize that I had grabbed the wrong shampoo :( :( :(   While I accept my share of the responsibility for this terrible shampoo mix up fiasco, I am also certain that Suave was trying to trick me into buying the stinky shampoo by placing it in the exact color bottle....shame on them! I may never recover from this shampoo switch a roo.




But being the frugal type that I am I thought I'd finish up the bottle and then hopefully find the shampoo I loved again. But I'm here to tell you friends, as I was showering today and having to endure the scent of this impostor shampoo I came to the conclusion that life is way way too short to be washing our hair with stinky shampoo. Seriously. Ain't nobody got time for that, right?
So this shampoo will make its way into the other bathroom and perhaps the boys won't notice or care that it stinks...they're boys after all.
I am now hoping that the shampoo fairies will look favorably upon me and my hair and the shampoo I love will still be available...wish me luck on my shampoo quest!

disclaimer: Just because "I" don't like this particular shampoo doesn't mean you won't.  Don't let my personal opinion hinder your purchase :)

5 comments:

  1. ROFL! I'm sorry Rhonda,I was laughing the whole way through this. I hate walmart- but i totally get you on "the everyone is in my way while i am trying to get what i need and get the hell out of there." and "the reorganizing of the store and i am totally lost" Sorry about the shampoo mix up, i've had that happen to me too. Once it happened with my favourite hair serum. Something that I had used for years all of a sudden had glitter in it and was a sticky mess. They finally changed it back a few years ago but now i have a new love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I consider myself a shampoo expert and Suave is where it's at!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have laughed out loud reading this!! Bless your heart, I agree they do try to trick us sometimes!!! Did the boys mind?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, boys never mind about stuff like that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, boys never mind about stuff like that!

    ReplyDelete