Wednesday, May 13, 2015

New layouts

I have been debating with myself over whether to continue to keep blogging my projects and since I haven't reached a conclusion as yet, I am going to share a couple of layouts.
I actually have 3 I need to post but one of them was ornery and refused to let me get good a decent photo so I'll save it for next time :)

The first layout is the only photo I got of Garrett on his first day of Kindergarten. 
The title was made using some alphabet stickers that I've literally had for years. I just laid them out on white cardstock and overlapped them the way I liked them and then cut around the outline to create the title. I added some Diamond Stickles to some of them to add some sparkle...the title is my favorite part of this layout (except the photo of course). I also added some Stickles to the little tree at the bottom. I really dug deep into my stash for a couple of the elements on this one...the flag is a sticker I've had for probably 10 years. Of course there are plenty of recent products on there as well. 
I'm also finally starting to see the allure of the Washi tape lol...I used 2 different types on this layout.


Had these corkboard letters for years as well.



And here is the second layout I want to share for today. I struggled with this one as I usually do when I want them to be "good". Unfortunately, nothing really clicked with this one and I felt like I started gluing stuff down just to get it off my desk. 
I think a lot of my frustration stems not from creating the layouts themselves, but rather from the cramped space I have for crafting. I tend to get aggravated and it affects my creativity.
I'm actually tossing around the idea of displaying this one in my bedroom...just have to figure out how and where lol. 

The background cardstock started out solid white and I used several different sprays to get the look I wanted. Unfortunately, if you've ever used heavy spray on a paper project you know that the paper tends to warp. That's what happened here. It'll be fine once it's in a page protector but it did make it difficult for me to get a really good photo.
I used lots of goodies on this page and as much as I struggled with it, I actually do like it. 
I'm taking full advantage of the gold trend lol...and I'm loving it. 
I cut the title with the Expression and embossed with gold embossing powder. It turned out great. 
Also, I used some ancient gold metallic rubon over the texture paste I used.



More layers on this one that it appears...and the mist I
used on the red heart doilie I made myself because I didn't
have anything in the color I was looking for. Love how it
came out :)

Gold thread, some different ephemera and gold
Stickles...Glimmer mist too.

I'm not going to list all the supplies I used but if there's something  you see and you're curious, just give me a shout and I'll be happy to share :)

That's it for now...thank you to everyone who stops by!
Have a great day and check back soon!

Rhonda

2 comments:

  1. Rhonda, Please don't stop sharing. I love your blog and all your crafting. I am hoping to do some prom layouts this weekend and mothers day as well. Love you much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dana, you are such a great friend...and always encouraging :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete